The carpark area of the Blue Shed, next to Oceans Seafoods on Church St.
Here are the proposed rules/guidelines that will go up on the sign that the Council has agreed to fund. These have been worked on by a small group and are ready for discussion and feedback.
"It is understood that the stallholders/vendors will enter into the spirit of
the Opotiki Marketplace and observe the rules and guidelines of the market
in good faith.
1. This Marketplace is provided for the people of the Opotiki District.
2. Vendors must reside or pay rates in the Opotiki District.
3. Vendors must comply with relevant bylaws of Opotiki District Council
4. Any produce or craft sold must be produced locally.
5. Second-hand goods must be from within the Opotiki District.
6. All rubbish must be removed daily by vendors
7. Stalls shall be occupied on a “first come” basis
8. Consideration must be given to other vendors, retailers and residents.
9. Special Events may be held from time to time on the site and these may
have other regulations.
ODC, Transition Towns, xxx Trust."
One date that is being proposed for the launch is Friday 9th Jan at 4pm. Both Waiotahe and Ohope markets will run on Saturdays during January, so either a Friday or a Sunday would be suitable.
Your feedback and suggestions are essential to get this community market launched.
Sign in to create an account and leave a comment below.