- Local groups
- All groups
- Upper North Island
- Bay of Islands
- Opotiki Coast
- Lower North Island
- South Island
- National network
- Add your group to this web site
- Offer Support
- Contact us
Transition Oamaru and Waitaki District
updated 28 Sep 2012
The Natural Heritage Society of Oamaru
- Organic methods of farming with appropriate technology.
- An organic produce market including the development of a cottage industry.
- The preservation and conservation of natural and cultural resources.
- Environmental and socially sustainable employment including traditional arts and crafts.
- Education based training programmes.
- Transition Town Oamaru project
Pease feel free to contact us:
Nathalie: (03) 434 2594
Gail: (03) 434-9761
Sustainable Skills Winter - Spring School
7 July - 14 Oct 2012
The Sustainable Skills School continues with a much longer format, offering courses suited to students schedules. Most courses are run by arrangement with the tutors. Visit our website at www.sustainableoamaru.org.nz for course descriptions and tutor contact info.
Sustainable Skills Summer School
15-23 January 2011
The sustainable skills summer school is a response by Transition Town Oamaru to the imminent consequences of peak oil and climate change.
The purpose of the world-wide Transition Town movement is to help communities prepare themselves for a time when readily available oil and its products become increasingly scarce.
We have called on mostly local people who have sustainable skills that they are willing to teach in order to help the community become more self-reliant.
Sustainability is defined as the ability to meet present needs without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their needs.