SkyCity Casino is located in Auckland, New Zealand. It features more than 150 table games and 2,100 gaming machines. Its entrance and elevators are wheelchair accessible.
The casino adheres to the red setting of the COVID-19 Protection Framework or traffic lights. To enter, guests can show their printed vaccine pass with valid photo identification or My Vaccine Pass. They must always wear a covering or mask and check in with a QR code or complete a manual form.
- Black, Platinum, and the casino’s floor and Baccarat Room on level 3 are open 24/7, except on Good Friday, Christmas and from 3 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Anzac Day.
- EIGHT is open from 10 a.m. to 6 a.m. on weekends and 10 a.m. to 4 a.m. on weekdays.
- Platinum level 1 is open from noon on Fridays to 2 a.m. on Mondays.
- EIGHT and Platinum level 1 hour change on the holidays mentioned above.
- Premier Rewards Programme membership statuses won’t be considered for downgrades until the end of June 2022. Premium Bonus Dollars and Points balances were paused during the latest lockdown and will stay valid until the end of April 2022.
- Free Play gifted or earned beginning in July 2021 and onwards will remain valid until the end of March 2022.
The Poker Room is temporarily closed.
SkyCity offers a variety of roulette, blackjack and poker games, including Caribbean Stud Poker and Ultimate Texas Hold’em with progressive jackpots. Its other offerings include Money Wheel, Tai sai and pai how.
- The Baccarat Room provides over 20 tables and in-room offers and promotions.
- PLATINUM is the salon for gaming machine players, and VIP BLACK is a luxury gaming machine environment.
- EIGHT is reserved for valued table game players.
- Domestic and international hosts will welcome guests. Table games staff can explain games or the rules.
- Members can participate in Power Winners’ promotions to win instant prizes or Premier Bonus Dollars while enjoying gaming machines.
- They can also receive invitations to claim Premier Bonus Dollar rewards on Free Play Days for free.
Guests who aren’t excluded from SkyCity’s premises and are aged 20 or older can sign up for the free Premier Rewards Programme membership on site. It gives access to competitions and draws and the ability to earn Premier Points. Every 100 Premier Points equals $1 in value, and they’re valid for six months from accrual dates. Guests can spend points across the site, and they will need a valid type of photo ID to join.
When members play table games or gaming machines, they can present the Premier Rewards card to earn Premier Points. These can be converted to Bonus Play Chips (not accepted for poker and rapid roulette) by going to the cashier. Guests can receive gaming machine credits by inserting the card into a card reader, choosing My Balance and entering the PIN.
SkyCity Casino gives members Premier Bonus Dollars. Guests can redeem them for Bonus Play Chips for table games and/or gaming machine credits for gaming machines. They can be used for up to three months from when they’re issued. Each Premier Bonus Dollar is equivalent to $1 in Bonus Play Chips or gaming machine credits.
Members can download the SkyCity app or go online for account information and offer and promotion details (the current promo gives guests free car parking). Additionally, members can upgrade to just the Gold and Sapphire tiers and update their contact details.
Premier Rewards Tiers
New members begin in the Ruby tier and move up by earning points during a six month review period. All tiers include access to promotions and prize draws and the ability to spend Premier Points across the site. Members can enter the Platinum and VIP Black tiers by invite only; the first gives access to PLATINUM levels 1 and 3 and EIGHT, and the second gives access to VIP BLACK and EIGHT.
Members can sign up for and activate QUICK Pay by visiting any VIP Reception or Premier Rewards Station with an official document that confirms the current residential address and photo ID. It’s free, and some of the benefits include: keeping money safe, downloading funds from the QUICK Pay card onto the gaming machine directly, withdrawing funds from the Premier Rewards card at the cashier or QUICK Exchange machine, loading gaming machine winnings and credits directly to the Premier Rewards card, and managing how much money and/or time is spent on gaming machines. Members can still make deposits at the cashier if they choose to do so.
To combat money laundering, the casino verifies customers’ identities through documents when they are conducting big electronic transfers or cash transactions that amount to $6,000 or more; it can be a series of transactions or a single one. If they’re opening a QUICK Pay or casino deposit account, SkyCity will have to verify the home address.
The casino also verifies the sources of customers’ funds. Customers will have to show independent documents as proof. While waiting to process the information, SkyCity may place restrictions on accounts; any information will be kept secure and safe.
Host Responsibility Programme
The casino has implemented initiates due to the Host Responsibility Programme. Staff will monitor and control alcohol consumption and will keep intoxicated people from the premises. The staff also is trained in problem gambling awareness. Team members will support customers, give information on problem gambling and work with close family members or whānau. A helpline is also available.
Staff will ask anyone begging, loan sharking or with unpleasant attitudes to leave.
Guests can take part in third-party or self-identified exclusion to control gambling. The processes are discreet and can be done from 3 to 24 months (third-party exclusion lasts for two years). Re-entry conditions will apply. Guests can talk to the security team, go to a security desk or speak to Host Responsibility to do this.